David Attenborough: A Life on Our Planet Film Guide | Worksheet (PG – 2020) challenges students to digest the plethora of information in this new Netflix documentary. Identify what made humans improve their lives much faster than other animals. Find out why rapid and drastic changes in our collective consciousness are now possible. Discuss the environmental changes that have taken place in Borneo, Palau and Costa Rica. Invite students to imagine what the Earth will be like when they are David’s age, if humanity does not act and its dire predictions come true. Finally, plot the information displayed throughout the movie about Earth’s population, atmospheric carbon, and percent wilderness and draw conclusions from the data.
This resource consists of 10 high-level, short-answer, essay questions that will do more than just ask your students to regurgitate information.
This product .zip file includes:
- A student film guide, printable PDF version (4 pages)
- A student film guide, PDF version to be completed digitally (4 pages)
* An answer key is included with this video guide, but many answers will vary as students are encouraged to construct their own meaning from the dialogue and behavior of the characters. See the preview for examples.
* A Google Forms version of the movie guide
* CCSS alignment indicating met standards, PDF (1 page – also see preview image)
** CCSS Note: I took the liberty of aligning some reading standards with the act of consuming content through film instead. Although the students do not read, they are asked to perform the same cognitive functions on the content they consumed from the film.
** Distance learning tips:
- Distribute the digital PDF file or the google form version to each student
- Use the screen sharing tool on your group call software to play the movie
- Pause the film for each question to give students time to write / discuss
Is this movie guide worth it? Download two of my movie guides for free below:
Your comments, ratings, likes and followings are appreciated:
* Pinterest – TeacherTravis
* Instagram – Teachers Travis
* Facebook – K12MovieGuides
* Twitter – K12MovieGuides
* Blog and Website – K12MovieGuides
It’s good to leave comments.
Something went wrong. Thank you try later.
This resource has not yet been reviewed
To ensure the quality of our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can rate it
Report this resource to let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and contact you.